In terms of your ROI (Return On Investment), the 3 most important reasons you need to identify your audience are to:
1. To establish a crystal-clear empathy with your audience – know
- what their problem is
- how they feel about it
- what they currently do to try and solve it.
2. To craft a clear offer based on the position you want to take within your industry
- So you can focus on making sales as soon as possible
- Getting your audience to know how you can help them
3. To know where to find them – focus on –
- Improving traffic to your site
- Improving conversions
- Run split tests to improve results
You are better off having less of the RIGHT person on your email list than more of the wrong person who will never buy from you.
Once you have the RIGHT person you can help them in more ways and be sure they are LISTENING to you.